Country Property interior design
The brief for this country property was to transform and update a single story 1960s ranch-style brown brick house with flat tin roof.
- Using the existing walls we raised the roof by adding another metre above the walls and then added the steep pitched roof. This gave us an extra floor and doubled the size of the house. The inspiration for the design was a grand historic home in the area.
- A large circular driveway was constructed
- An old shed was converted into a four car garage
- The original garage was converted into a granny flat or guest accommodation
- The original house became a five bedroom entertainer’s dream
- The pool was renovated
- The gardens were formalised
- Large double glazed windows let in light and views
- A large country kitchen looked out over the garden and pool
- The family room had a metallic gold/green feature wall
- The kitchen had a graphite stone finish behind the rangehood
- The entry hall had a massive window looking out to the garden and pool