Contemporary family entertainer – The Gap
This home was given a facelift, when the owners asked Bankson Design to update the living spaces and furniture.
Highlights include expanding the kitchen into the old formal dining room, and adding a three-metre island to allow for easy circulation and entertaining leading on to the adjoining deck.
- Kitchen wall was removed and kitchen spread into the old formal dining area
- A supersized pantry was created behind the kitchen wall
- Large 900mm soft close drawers replaced doors
- Large dishwasher integrated plus a two drawer Fischer and Paykel dishwasher made the kitchen an entertainer’s delight
- Integrated two sets of fridges are sleek and imperceptible with added shelving incorporated above for accessories and books
- Tansel stainless steel pullout wire baskets complete the functionality of the pantry cupboards
- King Furniture in the Living area creates a modern calm sophistication
- The owners wanted to keep the jade green carpet so neutral calming colours were used to blend the old and the new with great success
- Old swag curtains were simply removed to keep the lines modern and clean which did enhance the fantastic views as a result
- Some old family pieces of furniture added interest to the whole theme
- The original decoration was featured in Queensland Homes magazine